Frequently Asked Questions
We're here to answer all of your burning questions!If you don't see your question below, shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Am I eligible to submit a screenplay?
- You need to be over 18 years of age as of February 1st, 2019
- You need to be currently enrolled and attending an accredited 2-year, 4-year or graduate school anywhere in the world, as of February 1st, 2019
I am graduating in 2019, can I still submit a screenplay?
- As long as you are currently enrolled and attending an accredited 2-year, 4-year or graduate school anywhere in the world, as of February 1st, 2019, you are eligible to enter.
What if I already submitted my screenplay to another competition?
Totally fine, we want to read your screenplay as well!
If I submitted my screenplay to The LAUNCH last year, can I submit it again?
As long as you meet the qualifications, we’d be happy to read it again.
How much does it cost to submit my screenplay?
- Early enter for the month of February is $20
- Regular entry for the month of March is $30
- Late entry for the month of April is $40
When will you announce the winners?
We will announce the top 8 winners on or around July 8th, 2019
When should I expect my feedback?
Your one page of feedback will be sent after the winners are chosen at the end of the competition.
What if I already have an agent or manager?
Unfortunately, if you already have an agent or a manager, you would not be eligible to enter the competition.
I am already in the WGA or another writers union, can I submit my screenplay?
Unfortunately, if you are currently a member of the WGA or another writers union, you would not be eligible to enter the competition.
I am a filmmaker as well, can I direct the movie if I win?
The LAUNCH is a screenplay competition and we endeavor to select the best screenplay to win, with the Producers selecting the director and the rest of the department heads. However, if you were interested in directing, it would be a conversation to have with the Producers.